WB IBRD/IDA EXC-03
Records of President George D. Woods
- 1959 - 1979 (1963 - 1968 predominant) (Creation)
Level of description
Extent and medium
4.10 linear feet of textual records
Name of creator
Office of the President -- George D. Woods (President, 1963 - 1968)
Immediate source of acquisition or transfer
The first three series were transferred from the Office of the President. The last two series were transferred to the Archives by Woods' secretary, Bernadette R. Schmitt, in July 1986 and contain some pre-Presidential and post-Presidential papers.
Content and structure area
Scope and content
The records of the Presidency of George D. Woods (January 1963 until April 1968) primarily concern international relations, including both briefings and travel. The correspondence file, while small, has several unusually revealing items, as do the retained copies of outgoing letters and memoranda. The background papers on each country that are found in the annual meeting briefing files provide useful snapshots of the situation of that country at that time.
Appraisal, destruction and scheduling
Accruals are not expected.
System of arrangement
Records are arranged in five series:
- WB IBRD/IDA EXC-03-4526S Correspondence
- WB IBRD/IDA EXC-03-4527S Chronological [outgoing] files
- WB IBRD/IDA EXC-03-4528S Briefing papers
- WB IBRD/IDA EXC-03-4529S Travel files
- WB IBRD/IDA EXC-03-5763S Country correspondence
Conditions of access and use area
Conditions governing access
Records are subject to the World Bank Policy on Access to Information.
Conditions governing reproduction
Records are subject to the Copyright Policy of the World Bank Group.
Language of material
Script of material
Language and script notes
Physical characteristics and technical requirements
Allied materials area
Existence and location of originals
Existence and location of copies
Related units of description
- Records of the Office of External Relations (WB IBRD/IDA EXT), has a set of Woods' speeches.
- Joint Bank-Fund Library collection on Presidents of the World Bank (WB IBRD/IDA PRES), has Woods material.
- Robert W. Oliver collection on George D. Woods (WB IBRD/IDA WOODS), has copies of Woods' personal papers now at Columbia University, photographs, and oral histories conducted by Oliver in writing his biography of Woods.
- Personal papers of Louise Woods (WB IBRD/IDA LWOODS), has photographs and travel diaries.
- Personal papers of William Diamond (WB IBRD/IDA DIAMOND), has correspondence with Woods on India in 1958 and 1959.
- See also the George D. Woods papers at the Butler Library, Columbia University.
Subject access points
Place access points
Name access points
Description control area
Rules and/or conventions used
Internal World Bank Group Archives rules based on ISAD(G).
Level of detail
Dates of creation revision deletion